Monday, May 14, 2012

From Competitors to Friends

I still am in shock as to my being selected as one of the five finalists in the Clive Cussler Adventure Writers Competition. Now I must wait until October to find out the winner, which will be announced at the Clive Cussler Collectors Society annual convention in Phoenix Arizona. Guess I ‘ll have to be patient.:-)

During the process, I was lucky enough to become friends on Facebook with one of the competitors in the competition. By the end of the competition, Richard Nix and I were rooting for each others work to make the finalists. I was really disappointed when his title wasn’t included in the top five. I happened to purchase his work, “The Treasure Hunted” by Marion MacKay (pen name) and really enjoyed the story.

Diverse characters, non-stop action, and lots of bad guys! My kind of story. I hope he, and the other authors, will be encouraged to continue writing even though they didn’t make the finals. It’s all a learning experience we can grow from as writers. If you happen to see Richard posting on my Facebook page, be sure to say hello, and, if you’re an adventure buff, check out his book;         
              The Treasure Hunted

No comments:

Post a Comment